Madrid –Barajas is ones of the airports that has obtained the highest awards due to its constant, ongoing efforts to broaden the quality services it offers to meet its clients needs.
Its commitment to constant improvement has received international recognition through awards such as: 2003 European Airport Award; Europe’s Most Improved Airport Award; Award for Europe’s Best Airport between 25 and 40 million passengers; Dupont Safety Resources European Award. The Quality guarantee can be seen in an endless list of services:
- Smoker Points- In Madrid –Barajas there are twenty-four points to smoke and create a pleasant environment. They are strategically placed in boarding and arrival points and feature ground-breaking technology.
- Information service. Over one hundred Green Jackets offer the traveller help and attention at
Several information points around the Airport.
- Cars Parks. Over 10.000 parking spaces distributed in five public car parks. Also, parking areas for buses, travel agencies and hotel buses.
- Long-term car parks. With free buses for passengers.
- VIP Lounges. Seven VIP lounges for passengers travelling with business class or first class ticket.
-Health Care. A medical service to attend people requiring first aid. The airport also features two pharmacies.
- Crèche. A free service providing everything for babies and toddlers. It also features a playground.
-Religious Services. Four Chapels ( Christian, Muslim and ecumenical) open daily from 6 to 22.
- Postal and telegraph Service. A post office and a large number of letter boxes emptied daily.
Tourism Office Open from 8 to 20
Police Station. An office of the National Police force provides citizen protection.
VAT return. Counters and connection buses.
Luggage porter service.
Madrid Trade Fair Information Office
Lost and Found
Weapons supervision. Passengers carrying weapons must go to one of the supervision centres to declare them and receive the necessary authorisation.
There is such a wide range of commercial services that every imaginable need is catered for.
Business Centre. A place designed for business people and managers to have a pleasant working environment. There are several rooms available for meetings, interviews and other activities, with all manner of comforts, catering and cutting-edge technology.
Catering . Passengers can enjoy anything from a full meal to a quick coffee in over thirty venues.
Shops. Nearly one hundred commercial establishments, in free access areas and restricted. Boarding and pre-boarding areas, offering a wide range of products.
Banking, currency exchange , car rental. A total of tree bank offices, twenty-six cash teller machines and seventeen currency exchange offices enable passengers to carry out a wide range of operations.
Photocopies, visiting cards and photographs.
Lottery Sales Office.
Luggage cling . wrap.
Television channel. The Airport Channel offers programmes based on information and leisure via several plasma screens placed in several different areas.
Ticket reservation and sales.
Business Centre, Catering, Shops, Banking, currency exchange, car rental. Photocopies, visiting cards and photographs, lottery sales office, luggage cling-wrap, Television channel, Ticket reservation and sales, Tour operators, travel Agency and hotel booking.